Diabetes Distress: Creating Space and Grace for Your Clients
Explore the power of coming alongside diabetes and offering acceptance.
The process of learning about diabetes is cognitive, but acceptance is emotional. Clients can’t think themselves into accepting diabetes. Helping our clients accept diabetes requires a sense of belonging, enhanced support, and drips of information. With each weight-inclusive nonjudgmental visit, you help clients build more and more tolerance, allowing them to accept a chronic condition that before was rejected out of hand.
This course is ideal for:
- Dietitians, Diet Technicians
- Health and Fitness professionals
- Community Health Workers
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
- Health Coaches
Learning objective: Participants will be
- Define the state of mental health and diabetes care
- List two ways Acceptance can help with blood sugar management
- Participate in a Case Study
1 CPE will be provided.